Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build out new applications and features for our web apps, mobile apps and our device. This person will play an important role in building out applications that support our mobile apps, partner integrations, customer and internal-facing web experiences, and scaling our platform as our number of customers grows.
- Architect, plan and develop beautiful, functional web experiences for customers, partners and internal users using Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React, Elixir
- Scale our platform to accommodate growth trends
- Collaborate with our mobile to maintain/expand APIs for our applications
- Collaborate with our firmware engineers to develop device communication protocol and APIs
- Expand our internal operational tools
- Architect solutions and spec out technical requirements
- Work with a TDD process across engineering and QA to ensure high product quality
Here's what we're looking for in a strong candidate:
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Strong skills in Ruby on Rails
- Strong skill in building and securing RESTful APIs
- Experienced in building scalable systems
- Experienced with agile operating models
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Extra treats for:
- Previous work experience at a product company or development agency
- Experience caring for a dog or other pet
We don't just reward in kibble. Here's what we're offering:
- Competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and 401K options
- Dog-friendly office and lots of opportunity to use our product of course :)
- Unlimited vacation so you can relax and recharge when you need it
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks, and lunch catered daily.
- Monthly and quarterly company and team events
- Want to speak or attend an industry-related conference? Go for it! We'll cover the costs.
Whistle is an equal opportunity employer