Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer, or enjoying their golden years, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
Backed by the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is now embarking on one of the largest big-data health initiatives in the world, the Pet Insight Project (www.petinsight.com). By observing pets’ behavior and health histories with unprecedented detail and scale, we seek to detect previously unseen patterns that are early indicators of changes in well-being.
This role will be responsible for developing and implementing the product strategy to make Whistle a valuable health care tool, leveraging the groundbreaking new behavior and disease detection technology to create intuitive features that empower owners and veterinary professionals to make informed decisions about pets’ health care.
If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
Whistle is looking for an experienced product manager to lead our growth from the industry-best location and safety product into an essential pet health tool used by pet owners and veterinarians. In this role, you will lead the creation of intuitive user experiences that provide pet owners and caregivers with timely access to the most critical information about their pet’s health and help pets live happier, healthier lives.
Your responsibilities will include developing the vision of how Whistle will add value to the management of a pet’s health, both at home and in a veterinary setting, and working with data scientists, software developers, product designers, and veterinary professionals to quickly and successfully deliver products that meet the required functionality. You will be responsible for building relationships with our partners at veterinary service companies to co-create the features, systems, and processes that enable Whistle to be offered and used by veterinarians as part of the treatment of pets.
- Help lead the development of product requirements and launch of digital products across all of Whistle’s platforms (iOS, Android and Web)
- Discover, aggregate and analyze feedback from customers, support, analytics and other sources to generate insights to assist with product roadmaps
- Design experiments and analyze data to take on challenging problems and deliver insights
- Coordinate with veterinary partners to understand the unique requirements of veterinary service companies and become the chief architect of functionality that enables meaningful use in veterinary clinics
- Work closely with numerous teams across the Whistle team, including but not limited to: engineering, design, data science, finance, support, & marketing.
- Use qualitative and quantitative methods to estimate how product changes are likely to impact key metrics
- Observe and understand customer pain points and unmet needs.
- Detailed data analysis of experiments and feature launches
- Communicate the decision-making process and associated data widely throughout the company
What we can expect from you:
- 5+ years of experience in project management, account management, marketing, business operations & strategy
- Experience with medical and/or consumer health technology
- Demonstrated experience in building highly usable products and user experiences
- Motivated primarily by driving successful business outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both business and technical audiences
- Experience developing and enabling strategic partnerships
- A flexible mentality that can transition smoothly from tactical execution to strategic thinking
- Keen understanding of state-of-the-art design and UI/UX
- Exceptional independent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to collaborate with others and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience growing and/or monetizing digital products at scale
- Experience with quantitative data analysis using a variety of tools (Excel, SQL, etc)
Extra treats for:
- Experience in the veterinary or human health industry
- Loving pets
- Experience caring for dogs