Whistle was born out of our love for pets. As the world’s first technology company dedicated to helping pets live longer and happier lives, we build solutions for common problems faced by pet parents everywhere. Whether a pet is an escape artist, an avid adventurer or a happy couch potato, Whistle provides information and insights to help ensure both pets and their people stay healthy and happy for years to come.
Our current market-leading products include a cellular-enabled GPS tracker and a WiFi & Bluetooth-enabled activity monitor. We do all design and development in-house, from PCB design to embedded software, data analytics to mobile apps. Our pack thrives on solving hard problems in nimble teams.
As part of the largest petcare company in the world, Whistle is positioned for growth as we continue to evolve our product offerings and add to our very dynamic team. If you believe you have what it takes to work in a highly independent, fast-paced environment where teamwork is critical and flexibility is a must, then Whistle might be the place for you.
Whistle is looking for an experienced and passionate product leader to build and execute the vision that transforms Whistle from excellence in location and safety to an assumed pet staple. This person will lead the charge in realizing this vision, by driving the innovation around and execution of the product’s app functionality, new consumer services and hardware. Core to this role will be managing & mentoring Product Managers, evolving processes and partnering with stakeholders (engineering, marketing, finance, etc.) to build a balanced strategy.
- Member of the Executive staff with a lead role in defining the product vision and growth strategy for the company
- Partner with the leadership team to develop Whistle’s short term (1yr) and long term (5yr) roadmap
- Ideate, research, specify and lead implementation of new products
- Partner with engineering to define and scalable platform architecture
- Work with CX and UX design to create an intuitive and engaging customer experience
- Develop profitable & engaging service offerings
- Define pricing, competitive offering and positioning
- Collaborate with Business Development to support and/or integrate partner offerings/APIs into core offering
- Work with engineering to develop and refine product development processes that allow agility in execution while providing long term visibility in delivery
- Partner with Customer Support & QA to continuously improve Whistle’s product offering
- Collaborate with engineering, quality, support, and program management partners in coordinating delivery of complex, objectives
- Manage team to author product requirements per defined product development process
- Manage design function within Whistle
- Represent Whistle’s product vision
- Foster and facilitate timely decision-making across a broad network of stakeholders, delivery partners, and operational teams
- Passionate about pets!
- 10 -15+ years Software & Services product management experience with specific experience in consumer applications
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading small group of product managers & designers
- Comfortable with both Product Development and Product Life-cycle Management
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results
- Able and interested in putting his/her hands-on experience to use and work as an individual contributor
- Able to work cross-functionally across Engineering, Marketing and Business Development
- Communicate with business as well as technical audiences. Able to write clear and concise documentation, excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in PetCare, Wearables, Consumerized Health, Paid Consumer Services desired
- Experienced with agile/scrum development
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills