Established in 2017, Whisper is a team of artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the challenge of providing better hearing. We set out to make the Whisper Hearing System so our parents, grandparents, friends and teammates can have a tomorrow that sounds even better than today.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
At Whisper, we are dedicated to creating a tomorrow that sounds even better than today for the millions of people with hearing loss. We are seeking a Sales Concierge to offer white glove service to our potential patients. For this role, you are someone who loves helping people and is always willing to go the extra mile. People enjoy talking to you. You are a proactive problem solver who is excited about working in a dynamic startup environment. You are highly organized and ready to lend a hand wherever needed.
This role is part-time (20-29 hours per week), and can be performed remotely or in-person from our San Francisco based headquarters. You must be available to work within the hours of 8am-5:30pm EST.
- Work with Sales manager and Concierge team to meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
- Able to balance a sales mindset with the ability to put the consumer’s true needs at the center of everything you do.
- Educate consumers on the Whisper Hearing System and how they may benefit from Whisper hearing aids, facilitate the purchase of Whisper Hearing Systems, schedule fitting appointments, and provide an overall exceptional customer experience.
- Support consumers via phone, email, text, chat, and social media, providing them with clear and accurate information about the Whisper Hearing System.
- Use several CRMs to document consumer interactions and their progression throughout the sales and nurture funnels.
- Working interdepartmentally to follow complaint handling procedures for a medical device and troubleshoot issues as needed.
- Working closely with your manager, identify and offer suggestions for improvement that will help drive conversion, consumer satisfaction and continued efficiencies as we continue to grow.
- Ability to adapt quickly and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely from a quiet, private place to handle sensitive patient information and take phone calls with potential consumers. Shared work spaces are not acceptable.
- Ability to sell while not pushing consumers to make purchases or decisions that are not in their best interests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with consumers and hearing care professionals.
- Able to communicate effectively using the phone, email, or social media, chat or text with a warm, patient and engaging manner.
- Ability to handle a high level of detail, maintaining patient confidentiality and following proper documentation.
- Ability to think independently and problem solve with consumers as needed.
- Flexible and responsible, comfortable with change and some ambiguity. Self starter who is able to stay on task and productive in a remote working environment. Take ownership of problems and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Able to work with a hearing impaired audience with empathy and effectiveness.
- Familiar with working with CRMs, including Zendesk support, Hubspot, Google Suite, Atlassian, etc.
- Be available to work within the hours of 8am-5:30pm EST.
- 2+ years of customer service or inside sales experience or an undergraduate degree in sales.
- Experience working at conversion-focused businesses, like Smile Direct Club or Hear.com.
- Medical, Hearing care or Audiology experience.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.