Established in 2017, Whisper is a team of artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the challenge of providing better hearing. We set out to make the Whisper Hearing System so our parents, grandparents, friends and teammates can have a tomorrow that sounds even better than today.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
The Audio Test & Integration Engineer will apply their background in acoustic measurement and test automation to assist development and perform validation of our state of the art hearing aids. The role involves working at the intersection of Machine Learning algorithms, hardware, and acoustics and is critical for integration and tuning of the algorithms.
High quality data is at the core of any Machine Learning development effort. In this role you will be instrumental in spatial audio/visual data collection and ambisonics processing for machine learning algorithm development and evaluation.
Strong software engineering skills are a must since a key goal is to automate as much as possible of the test and validation processes.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is excited to navigate hard problems and contribute to our goal of improving the quality of life for those with hearing loss.
- An audio test engineer with a track record of acoustic measurements and testing
- Strong Python coding skills for audio test automation
- Experience with psychoacoustics, signal processing, modeling, data science, or machine learning
- 3+ years industry experience
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco office
- Desire to work cross functionally coming up with product solutions
- Worked previously with psychoacoustics or hearing products
- Experience with spatial audio data and ambisonics
- Experience with C/C++ and DSP firmware
- Experience working with clinical experiments
- A personal connection to improving hearing health
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, competitive compensation, and meaningful work that could help 430MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.