Whisper.ai is a team of leading artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the #1 need for 360 million people with hearing loss -- hearing another person speak in even the noisiest situations.
The Whisper Hearing System uses Speech Separation technology powered by Artificial Intelligence and a proprietary dataset to separate speech from noise in real-time. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, the Whisper Hearing System uses artificial intelligence-based signal processing algorithms to amplify the people you’re listening to, even in noisy restaurants. By changing the way we think about hearing aid form and function, Whisper is changing what is possible.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
At Whisper, our software engineering team focuses on our core product infrastructure, internal tooling, and backend services. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is excited to take responsibility over a large domain with the chance to learn and work with modern technical frameworks -- whether it's Docker and Kubernetes or end-to-end data pipelines.
- Support the backend services and APIs for our applications team
- Maintain internal tooling for our commercial and support teams
- Collaborate closely with our systems team for on-device development and support
- Work closely with the product and design teams to define and build customer facing web experiences
- Investigate and manage third-party vendors for additional development support
- A track record of shipping quality products to customers
- At least 3+ years industry experience working as a software engineer
- Professional experience working on web services in Python in a cloud environment
- Desire to work cross-functionally coming up with product solutions
- BA or BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with deploying infrastructure onto cloud platforms (AWS/GCP) using tools like Terraform
- Experience working on a small team
- A personal connection to improving hearing health
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.