Established in 2017, Whisper is a team of artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the challenge of providing better hearing. We set out to make the Whisper Hearing System so our parents, grandparents, friends and teammates can have a tomorrow that sounds even better than today.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
Signal processing and machine learning are at the core of Whisper’s innovative hearing aid. As the Audio Software Engineering Lead your work will directly shape the daily audio experience of every Whisper patient. You will lead, possibly manage, and inspire the audio engineering team developing the next-generation audio processing for hearing aids powered by DSP and machine learning.
You will help plan and execute against ambitious audio roadmaps and advance the state of the art in DSP and machine learning performance for hearing aids. This is a very collaborative role - you should be excited about improving patient’s daily lives by working cross-functionally with hardware, firmware and other teams in making forward looking architecture decisions and delivering end to end solutions in a state of the art hearing aid.
- 5+ years experience shipping audio products
- 3+ years as technical lead for software engineers
- Expertise in classical signal processing techniques
- Understanding of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques and deep learning models
- BS, MS, or PhD in CS, or related technical field
- Professional experience with at least one common systems programming language (e.g. C/ C++) and scripting language (e.g Python)
- Clear communication skills and a team multiplier
- Strong domain expertise in audio DSP and machine learning
- 3+ years managing software engineers
- Experience building low power wearable products
- A personal connection to improving hearing health
If you're interested in immediate ownership of company defining decisions, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.