Whisper.ai is a team of leading artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the #1 need for 360 million people with hearing loss -- hearing another person speak in even the noisiest situations.
The Whisper Hearing System uses Speech Separation technology powered by Artificial Intelligence and a proprietary dataset to separate speech from noise in real-time. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, the Whisper Hearing System uses artificial intelligence-based signal processing algorithms to amplify the people you’re listening to, even in noisy restaurants. By changing the way we think about hearing aid form and function, Whisper is changing what is possible.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
Whisper.ai is hiring a senior electrical engineer to help build our wireless hearing aid platform. Join our in-house Hardware team to revolutionize hearing health from the ground up. As part of the Electrical Engineering team, you will work closely with design teams across the organization to evaluate hardware choices early in the development cycle and continue the design through to shipping new products. You will be in a dynamic, hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, data-driven results, creativity, and innovation.
Your main responsibilities include developing the electrical design of our hardware products from initial architecture to production. You will be prototyping new designs, using PCB layout software to develop PCBs and schematics to release to manufacturing partners, device bring-up, data collection, failure analysis, and testing to support and drive Whispers hardware roadmap. In addition to the PCB, the system EE will own electrical modules and components including acoustic components, sensors, batteries and antennas. Balancing the high-power performance needs of our hearing aid algorithms with the user requirements to be small with complex regulatory and safety requirements requires detailed oriented engineering and creativity. This role requires travel to our global manufacturing partners for development and manufacturing builds and testing to get the products ready for patient use.
- 5+ Years of EE work experience with consumer electronics or medical devices.
- Strong EE fundamentals.
- Desire & ability to work independently and build something new from scratch.
- Experience in Printed Circuit Board design (block diagram through production/assembly/validation and PCB layout & SCH capture (Altium, Eagle, or other)).
- Experience in component selection.
- Experience working with outsourced production suppliers.
- Hands on skills: soldering, bringup, validation, testing, debugging.
- Familiarity with EMC design practices (shielding, ESD, EMI suppression), batteries.
- Experience with wireless systems, RF, Bluetooth.
- Fluency with common communication protocols (especially USB, I2C, SPI, UART, SWD, I2S).
- Audio product design experience (microphones/CODECs).
- Experience with acoustic design.
- Experience with antenna design and/or testing.
- Flex/Rigid-Flex layout experience.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.