Established in 2017, Whisper is a team of artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the challenge of providing better hearing. We set out to make the Whisper Hearing System so our parents, grandparents, friends and teammates can have a tomorrow that sounds even better than today.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
Quality is a shared responsibility across all roles at Whisper, and Software Test Infrastructure Engineers contribute to this mission by building tools, systems, and processes to validate the performance and quality of the Whisper device and all peripheral services. Software Test Infrastructure Engineers lead the efforts to define the quality strategy for an area and enable the broader engineering team to build high-quality products.
- Help own the overall software quality strategy at Whisper, from pre-commit testing all the way to black-box functional testing.
- Improve the engineering quality process, improving metrics like the amount of time it takes to find an issue from when it was committed and the number of bugs that are surfaced by field reports.
- Build automation tools and hardware testbeds to scale quality testing.
- Summarize and report quality metrics to cross-functional engineering and management teams, including all quality documentation for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with the hardware and firmware teams to develop and maintain robust manufacturing tests.
- Build software to validate functionality and reliability for the Whisper hearing system.
- Help to to identify root cause issues that are found and validate potential solutions.
- Work cross-functionally to reproduce field complaints and design quality strategies for new device features and software features.
- Provide guidance for day-to-day work for manual testing, including managing manual test cases and implementing manual tools.
- Prior experience developing quality and testing systems for software running on hardware products.
- Experience working in an automated testing pipeline driven by a continuous integration framework such as Jenkins or Buildkite.
- Knowledge and experience working with an embedded system.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and tools, and a real passion for quality processes.
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation frameworks.
- You have strong organization and interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A personal connection to hearing health.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth and test methodologies.
- Prior experience testing systems for products that used machine learning or AI.
- Experience characterizing and testing audio hardware on both the input and output side.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.