Whisper.ai is a team of leading artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the #1 need for 360 million people with hearing loss - hearing another person speak in even the noisiest situations.
The Whisper Hearing System uses Speech Separation technology powered by Artificial Intelligence and a proprietary dataset to separate speech from noise in real-time. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, the Whisper Hearing System uses artificial intelligence-based signal processing algorithms to amplify the people you’re listening to, even in noisy restaurants. By changing the way we think about hearing aid form and function, Whisper is changing what is possible.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
Quality is a shared responsibility across all roles at Whisper, and Software Quality Engineers contribute to this mission by building tools, systems, and processes to validate the performance and quality of the Whisper device and all peripheral services. Software Quality Engineers lead the efforts to define the quality strategy for an area and enable the broader engineering team to build high-quality products.
- Own the overall software quality strategy at Whisper, from pre-commit testing all the way to black-box functional testing.
- Improve the engineering quality process, improving metrics like the amount of time it takes to find an issue from when it was committed and the number of bugs that are surfaced by field reports.
- Summarize and report quality metrics to cross-functional engineering and management teams.
- Responsible for all quality documentation for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with the hardware and firmware teams to develop and maintain robust manufacturing tests.
- Build software to validate functionality and reliability for the Whisper hearing system.
- Help to root cause issues that are found and validate potential solutions.
- Build automation tools and hardware testbeds to scale quality testing.
- Work cross-functionally to reproduce field complaints and design quality strategies for new device features and software features.
- Day-to-day technical leadership responsibilities for the Software Quality Engineering team.
- Direct the day-to-day work for manual testing, including managing manual test cases and implementing manual tools.
- Prior experience developing quality and testing systems for software running on hardware products.
- Experience working in an automated testing pipeline driven by a continuous integration framework such as Jenkins or Buildkite.
- Knowledge and experience working with an embedded system.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, testing methodologies and tools, and a real passion for quality processes.
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation frameworks.
- You have strong organization and interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- A personal connection to hearing health.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth and test methodologies.
- Prior experience testing systems for products that used machine learning or AI.
- Experience characterizing and testing audio hardware on both the input and output side.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.