Whisper.ai is building the world’s first noise cancelling hearing aid system: it analyzes your audio in real time, automatically filtering out noise and amplifying the sounds you want to hear. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, Whisper amplifies the person you’re listening to based on millions of audio prints it learns over time so it’s able to pick out who you’re listening to, even in the noisiest restaurant.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, LUX Ventures, and more.
At Whisper, Backend Software Engineers are the Swiss army knives of the team, focusing on backend services, our core product infrastructure, and internal tooling. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who is excited to take responsibility over a large domain with the chance to learn and work with modern technical frameworks -- whether it's Docker and Kubernetes or end-to-end hardware device integration testing frameworks.
- A full stack engineer with a track record of shipping quality products to customers.
- Professional experience with at least one common backend programming language (e.g. Python, C++).
- At least 3+ years industry experience working as a software engineer.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-quality engineering teams.
- Desire to work cross-functionally coming up with product solutions.
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco office.
- BA or BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with modern, cloud-based infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes/GKE, Google Cloud/AWS/Azure, Cloud Functions/AWS Lambda, etc.
- A personal connection to improving hearing health.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.