Whisper.ai is building the world’s first noise cancelling hearing aid system: it analyzes your audio in real time, automatically filtering out noise and amplifying the sounds you want to hear. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, Whisper amplifies the person you’re listening to based on millions of audio prints it learns over time so it’s able to pick out who you’re listening to, even in the noisiest restaurant.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, LUX Ventures, and more.
Whisper is looking for a mobile developer to build apps for iOS or Android from the ground up. You will be responsible for building the main interface for our customers to control the sound they hear. Whisper is a multidisciplinary team made of up of machine learning, hardware, and software engineers working together, and this role requires working with these technical teams to define and build the main point of entry for those using our product.
- Build mobile apps for either iOS or Android, using frameworks of your choice.
- Own the product end-to-end, from bootstrapping to release.
- 2+ years of mobile development.
- You've built production applications to talk with a custom peripheral over BLE and Bluetooth Classic.
- You have released apps to the iOS app store or the Google Play store too. You understand how code signing works.
- Full-stack experience. You're not afraid to tweak a python API in our web backend or update Google Cloud settings as needed.
- Comfort with modern security protocols and encryption.
- You've worked on low-level android systems or embedded Linux.
- Experience with firmware, IoT and/or medical devices.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.