Whisper.ai is building the world’s first noise cancelling hearing aid system: it analyzes your audio in real time, automatically filtering out noise and amplifying the sounds you want to hear. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, Whisper amplifies the person you’re listening to based on millions of audio prints it learns over time so it’s able to pick out who you’re listening to, even in the noisiest restaurant.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, LUX Ventures, and more.
As an Embedded Linux / Android Engineer at Whisper, you’ll be responsible for developing new features, services, and devices that enable a next generation wireless hearing aid platform. This will include the design and implementation of OTA strategies, device drivers, power management, and data processing software running on embedded devices. Whisper is a multidisciplinary team made of up of machine learning, hardware, and software engineers working together, and this role requires working with these technical teams to build an amazing product.
- Design, implement and test software running on an embedded Linux and/or Android platform.
- Implement an OTA update strategy on the embedded platform and in coordination with backend services.
- Develop low latency drivers to access hardware peripherals and provide visibility into performance bottlenecks.
- Provide a Linux power management framework that extends battery life while ensuring resources are available when needed.
- Participate in device failure analysis, manufacturing failures, and other high-priority tasks as needed.
- Interface with vendors providing hardware and software associated with the Linux and neural network processor platform(s) for support.
- A drive to build systems and products that haven't existed before vs. simply rehashing existing hardware.
- 5+ years experience working in an embedded software environment.
- At least one year experience solving problems in embedded Linux or Android (e.g. device drivers, etc).
- Deep knowledge of Linux/Android internals, including device trees, drivers, uboot.
- Experience creating and maintaining BSPs.
- Prior experience developing an OTA firmware update system for a consumer electronics product that has shipped.
- Bare metal/RTOS audio preprocessing algorithms experience.
- Prior experience on Qualcomm SOC’s and hardware.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.