Whisper.ai is a team of leading artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the #1 need for 360 million people with hearing loss -- hearing another person speak in even the noisiest situations.
The Whisper Hearing System uses Speech Separation technology powered by Artificial Intelligence and a proprietary dataset to separate speech from noise in real-time. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, the Whisper Hearing System uses artificial intelligence-based signal processing algorithms to amplify the people you’re listening to, even in noisy restaurants. By changing the way we think about hearing aid form and function, Whisper is changing what is possible.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
As an Embedded Linux / Android Engineer at Whisper, you’ll be responsible for developing new features, services, and devices that enable a next generation wireless hearing aid platform. This will include the design and implementation of OTA strategies, device drivers, power management, and data processing software running on embedded devices. Whisper is a multidisciplinary team made of up of machine learning, hardware, and software engineers working together, and this role requires working with these technical teams to build an amazing product.
- Design, implement and test software running on an embedded Linux and/or Android platform.
- Implement an OTA update strategy on the embedded platform and in coordination with backend services.
- Develop low latency drivers to access hardware peripherals and provide visibility into performance bottlenecks.
- Provide a Linux power management framework that extends battery life while ensuring resources are available when needed.
- Participate in device failure analysis, manufacturing failures, and other high-priority tasks as needed.
- Interface with vendors providing hardware and software associated with the Linux and neural network processor platform(s) for support.
- A drive to build systems and products that haven't existed before vs. simply rehashing existing hardware.
- 5+ years experience working in an embedded software environment.
- At least one year experience solving problems in embedded Linux or Android (e.g. device drivers, etc).
- Deep knowledge of Linux/Android internals, including device trees, drivers, uboot.
- Experience creating and maintaining BSPs.
- Prior experience developing an OTA firmware update system for a consumer electronics product that has shipped.
- Bare metal/RTOS audio preprocessing algorithms experience.
- Prior experience on Qualcomm SOC’s and hardware.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.