Whisper.ai is building the world’s first noise cancelling hearing aid system: it analyzes your audio in real time, automatically filtering out noise and amplifying the sounds you want to hear. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, Whisper amplifies the person you’re listening to based on millions of audio prints it learns over time so it’s able to pick out who you’re listening to, even in the noisiest restaurant.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, LUX Ventures, and more.
At Whisper, systems engineers build the infrastructure, tools, and frameworks that make it possible for our device to communicate with the outside world. From device software that initiates and coordinates firmware updates to the tools and infrastructure that support our automated device testing suite, systems engineers sit at the border between device firmware and the outside world.
- A track record of shipping quality products to customers.
- Experience working with hardware products.
- Professional experience with at least one common systems programming language (e.g. Go, C/C++) and one common scripting language (e.g. Python).
- At least 3+ years industry experience leading projects as a software engineer.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high quality engineering teams.
- Must be willing to work onsite in our San Francisco office.
- Desire to work cross-functionally coming up with product solutions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building infrastructure for hardware products (e.g. for testing, logging, fleet management, etc.).
- Experience working on application-layer projects for embedded Linux or native Android.
- Experience working with common web backend stacks (e.g. Django, Flask, Ruby on Rails).
- Experience with container and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- A personal connection to improving hearing health.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.