Whisper.ai is a team of leading artificial intelligence, hearing care, hardware, and software experts coming together to solve the #1 need for 360 million people with hearing loss -- hearing another person speak in even the noisiest situations.
The Whisper Hearing System uses Speech Separation technology powered by Artificial Intelligence and a proprietary dataset to separate speech from noise in real-time. Unlike traditional hearing aids, which simply amplify everything in the room, the Whisper Hearing System uses artificial intelligence-based signal processing algorithms to amplify the people you’re listening to, even in noisy restaurants. By changing the way we think about hearing aid form and function, Whisper is changing what is possible.
Based in San Francisco, Whisper is lucky to have the support of great investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, Quiet Capital, IVP, and more.
As an Embedded Firmware engineer you will be working on our low latency audio path. You will be writing Bare Metal and RTOS code and should feel comfortable thinking about IRQ levels, serial protocols, and device drivers. You will also be writing custom RF protocols including error correction, multiple transmitter coexistence, and over-the-air security. You will build systems that haven't existed before versus rehash existing hardware.
- Proficient in C, Python.
- Comfortable reading schematics and datasheets.
- Know your way around hardware debugging tools: oscilloscope, logic analyzer.
- Experience with embedded stacks for ARM cores.
- Strict power and latency constraints, i.e experience working on a battery powered device.
- Embedded experience on bare metal ARM and peripherals.
- Deep knowledge of the tools and workflow (JLink, OpenOCD, Logic analyzers).
- Linux kernel and system programming.
- RF / BLE experience and spectrum analyzer, network analyzer know-how.
- Prior Audio DSP work or experience with ARM SIMD/Hexagon extremely relevant.
- Prior RF protocol work - FEC, channel hopping, synchronizing multiple devices from a practical embedded perspective.
If you're interested in difficult and novel problems in embedded audio, immediate ownership of company defining decisions, top compensation, and work which directly helps 360MM+ people hear again - we'd love to hear from you.
Whisper.ai is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce with an inclusive working environment for everyone to do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.