Whip Media is transforming the global content licensing ecosystem with a market leading enterprise software platform that centrally connects data, processes and teams throughout the digital distribution journey. Powered by predictive insights and proprietary data, we enable the world’s top entertainment organizations to efficiently distribute, control and monetize their TV and movie content to drive revenue and direct-to-consumer growth.
Whip Media Group is adding on a People Operations Manager (based in the United States) to its People & Culture team to further elevate the function and to support the needs of our scaling business.
In this role, you'll be responsible for the execution of a mix of day-to-day tactical and strategic initiatives, including payroll, benefits, and compliance within the organization. Reporting to the Director of People Ops, this role is pivotal to the operation of the company and will require daily interaction with the the People & Culture, Finance teams as well as other cross functional groups. While there will be a focus on HR compliance and an exceptional employee experience, we're looking for an out of the box thinker who has a high level of communication building meaningful relationships with stakeholders and an ability to autonomously drive projects from start to finish.
What Will You Do?
- Manage Payroll including: preparing, processing, and reviewing semi-monthly full cycle US payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, while ensuring compliance with Federal, State and local regulations (140+ employees in the US)
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll, including but not limited to: base pay, bonuses, stock compensation, commissions, payroll taxes, employee changes, new hires, 401(k), medical, HSA, FSA, and other deductions
- Administer all employee benefits programs such as Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans, Disability, FSA, 401(k) etc.
- Provide support for all benefits-related communications, to highlight and educate employees on Whip’s benefit programs and payroll
- Support administration of company-wide HR policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with company goals and federal/state legal requirements
- Manage and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, CFRA, FFCRA, Parental Leave, etc.) and leave payments
- Stay ahead of COVID-19 related guidelines, ensuring Whip is implementing policies and providing appropriate resources related to LOA, Disability Programs, EAP, current and future work from home benefits
- Oversee Immigration, including liaising with legal partners and handling queries from managers and employees, as well as providing guidance on all immigration-related matters, including visa processing, documentation, visa options, risks, etc.
- 401(k) administration, including annual audit and committee meetings
- Manage HR audits and filings related to EEO-1 reporting and benefits compliance
What Do You Need?
- 5 + years of relevant payroll/benefits administration, payroll audit, and the application of best practices
- Professional experience in high-growth, fast-paced organizations with multiple states/sites and business units
- Experience managing 401(k) and LOA processes
- Strong understanding of Federal and State regulations
- Knowledge of workers compensation management
- Excellent skills using MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and GSuite
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy along with strong organizational skills
- Great communication skills that can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Experience with reporting and data analysis
- Proven ability to adapt and quickly change direction when necessary in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to be effective under pressure
- Zenefits or other similar payroll system experience is a plus
*Due to the nature and focus area of this role, we are currently only accepting applications from candidates based in the United States specifically in New York, California, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Washington, Kentucky, Minnesota.*