Whip Media is transforming the global content licensing ecosystem with a market leading enterprise software platform that centrally connects data, processes and teams throughout the digital distribution journey. Powered by predictive insights and proprietary data, we enable the world’s top entertainment organizations to efficiently distribute, control and monetize their TV and movie content to drive revenue and direct-to-consumer growth.
The Whip Media Group engineering team is growing and we're looking for a back-end Software Engineer to join! In this role, you will be working in partnership with a small development team on the design, development, enhancements and maintenance of mission-critical web-based software for major film studios, TV broadcasters, and cable operators in a high-energy, start-up environment.
This position will be focused across our CVM Insights product. CVM Insights is an analytics and data visualization platform that delivers both a standalone research and reporting experience as an integrated experience with the rest of the platform. The work will consist of building back-end services and APIs that drive the front-end data visualization and analytics experience. There will be a heavy focus on data and you will work with both our front-end development team as well as our data engineering team.
What will you do?
- Design and write new APIs and data processing code in Java or Python
- Create new data models to handle our ever-increasing data volume
- Devise algorithms to handle data synchronization across distributed systems
- Write technical requirements and design documents
- Work closely with a cross-functional team on the development of our new platforms and internal tools
- Design and implement ETL processes that integrate with a variety of customer and third-party data sources
What do you need?
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development skills in Java.
- Experience with Spring and core Spring components (especially Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Data REST)
- Familiarity with agile development
- Experience and comfort working in a startup or fast moving environment
- Experience with data modeling, in both SQL (ideally PostgreSQL) and non-relational technologies
- Experience with data warehousing, ideally with Amazon Redshift, a plus
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL concepts
- Experience with off-the-shelf BI tools such as Pentaho, Looker, or Tableau
- Experience with AWS APIs and services a plus (s3, lambda, SNS, SQS)
- Experience with Web Services (REST) a plus
- Experience with a scripting language, ideally Python, a plus
- Experience with git and unit testing