At Wheely, we're a luxury brand on the outside, but a technology company on the inside, building the world's first Luxury-as-a-Service. We believe that time is the ultimate luxury and that modern engineering and design, combined with the industry’s highest standards of service, can unlock an unparalleled experience for our customers.
More than 40% of our team works in product & engineering, and both Wheely founders are technical. We are also unapologetically design centric. It’s not about A/B testing one hundred shades of blue, but crafting the perfect shade. We also take a privacy-first approach and believe that where people travel, and who they travel with, is at their discretion.
We have refused government requests to hand over journey data, and are currently developing bespoke technology to put our clients’ movements beyond even our own reach.
Backed by leading global investors, Wheely is poised for the next phase of our journey. Over the next 5-10 years, we plan to offer a full portfolio of luxury services and expand into more international cities, building on our success in London, Paris, and Dubai.
As a luxury chauffeur company, we are aiming to provide exceptional ground transportation services to companies globally in addition to our world-renowned private passenger service and to establish Wheely as a premier service provider in the B2B segment. Our all-in-one platform offers a wide range of options for managing employees’ and businesses’ customers’ trips and expenses. By partnering with hotels and business jet companies, we aim to satisfy all of our clients’ needs, from their arrival to any transfers within the city. The Wheely for Business team is responsible for three products: the B2B Portal, the Hospitality product, and a range of exclusive products for our top clients.
We are looking for a Golang Backend Engineer to join the Wheely for Business team and help us integrate all our products into a cohesive platform and collaborate with other teams to share the best B2B features with B2C. Additionally, we are committed to modernizing and automatization of our existing processes, such as company registration, personalized onboarding, platform usage, invoicing, billing, and off-boarding, in order to improve the overall customer experience.
- Help with building the architecture for new products and services to support the company's global growth strategy in B2B, B2B2E, and B2B2C segments
- Implement new features to improve customers segmentation and manage access to different tariffs and features
- Help develop features that will allow companies to flexibly customize their employees' and customers' access to Wheely platform capabilities
- Deepen the interaction between B2B platform and Financial Services
- Help maintain a regular flow of medium-sized feature deliveries that greatly help our Sales Team in gaining the confidence of both current and potential customers
- Help with our architectural & technical plans to improve our backend: we are actively migrating from the Ruby monolith to Go microservices
- Has 3+ years of experience in the development of web-based applications with Golang and also experience with Ruby or Node.js or, better yet, both
- Has experience with MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or other major database solutions
- Has experience with distributed task queues for asynchronous services interactions
- Ensuring code has solid test coverage
- Team player with strong and effective interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with a willingness to assume responsibility
- Adept at documenting efforts, actions, and results
Our current stack: Go microservices, deprecated Ruby monolith, Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Thrift, Redis, AWS, Terraform, K8S, Jenkins.
What we Offer
We expect excellence from our people—both on the road and in the office. In return, we offer flexible working hours, stock options, and a range of exceptional perks and benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options plan
- Medical insurance, including dental
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Lunch allowance
- Relocation allowance
- Best-in-class equipment
- Professional development subsidies
Wheely is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All of your personal information will be collected stored and processed in accordance with Wheely’s Candidate Privacy Notice