At Wheely, we're a luxury brand on the outside, but a technology company on the inside, building the world's first Luxury-as-a-Service. We believe that time is the ultimate luxury and that modern engineering and design, combined with the industry’s highest standards of service, can unlock an unparalleled experience for our customers.
More than 40% of our team works in product & engineering, and both Wheely founders are technical. We are also unapologetically design centric. It’s not about A/B testing one hundred shades of blue, but crafting the perfect shade. We also take a privacy-first approach and believe that where people travel, and who they travel with, is at their discretion.
We have refused government requests to hand over journey data, and are currently developing bespoke technology to put our clients’ movements beyond even our own reach.
Backed by leading global investors, Wheely is poised for the next phase of our journey. Over the next 5-10 years, we plan to offer a full portfolio of luxury services and expand into more international cities, building on our success in London, Paris, and Dubai.
In this role you have a great opportunity to work on three major internal directions: Privacy, Marketplace and Mapping. As we continue to grow we want to make sure that our internal tools are usable for our Operations and Customer Service teams and that is where you can use your enthusiasm and experience to contribute to our goals.
- Designing scalable and reusable frontend systems and components;
- Identifying and resolving performance issues, maintaining and supporting internal applications for Wheely teams;
- Managing individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables;
- Contributing to the internal frontend community.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Previous experience in Software Development roles of 3+ years working with Typescript, React, Redux/Mobx, Sass and PostSCC (as pre-/post-processors), and Webpack;
- Ability to express in English, both written and spoken.
- The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and effectively collaborate with the team;
- A proactive approach, with the ability to take ownership of various tasks and see them through to completion independently
What we offer:
Wheely expects the very best from our people, both on the road and in the office. In return, employees enjoy flexible working hours, stock options, and an exceptional range of perks and benefits.
- Competitive salary and equity package;
- Relocation allowance;
- Lunch allowance;
- Professional development subsidies;
- Best-in-class equipment;
- Wheely has an in-person culture but allows flexible working hours and work from home when needed.
Wheely is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All of your personal information will be collected stored and processed in accordance with Wheely’s Candidate Privacy Notice