At Wheely, we're a luxury brand on the outside, but a technology company on the inside, building the world's first Luxury-as-a-Service. We believe that time is the ultimate luxury and that modern engineering and design, combined with the industry’s highest standards of service, can unlock an unparalleled experience for our customers.
More than 40% of our team works in product & engineering, and both Wheely founders are technical. We are also unapologetically design centric. It’s not about A/B testing one hundred shades of blue, but crafting the perfect shade. We also take a privacy-first approach and believe that where people travel, and who they travel with, is at their discretion.
We have refused government requests to hand over journey data, and are currently developing bespoke technology to put our clients’ movements beyond even our own reach.
Backed by leading global investors, Wheely is poised for the next phase of our journey. Over the next 5-10 years, we plan to offer a full portfolio of luxury services and expand into more international cities, building on our success in London, Paris, and Dubai.
About the role
At the heart of Wheely’s platform is Marketplace: our matching service that connects hundreds of passengers with waiting chauffeurs every minute.
While early versions of Marketplace ran on fairly simple algorithms, we pride ourselves on developing technology that meets the very high expectations of our customers. As we continue to hire and develop the best chauffeurs in the industry, we want to maximise their time spent with passengers while keeping wait times low.
As a mobile developer on the Marketplace team, you will have a unique opportunity to work with all of Wheely's mobile applications.
What you will be doing
- Being responsible for creating new features and maintaining practically any Android product in the company
- Contributing to both local and architectural solutions within the Android function of the company
- 3+ years of professional Android development experience
- Strong experience with Java and Kotlin language in context of Android
- Knowledge of Coroutines and Kotlin Flow
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, secure and well-tested code
- Good communication skills
What we offer
Wheely expects the very best from our people, both on the road and in the office. In return, employees enjoy flexible working hours, stock options and an exceptional range of perks and benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options plan
- Relocation allowance
- Lunch allowance
- Medical insurance, including dental
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Best-in-class equipment
- Professional development subsidies
- Wheely has an in-person culture but allows flexible working hours and work from home when needed
Wheely is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
All of your personal information will be collected stored and processed in accordance with Wheely’s Candidate Privacy Notice