At the heart of Wheely’s platform is Marketplace: our matching service that connects hundreds of passengers with waiting chauffeurs every minute.
While early versions of Marketplace ran on fairly simple algorithms, we pride ourselves on developing technology that meets the very high expectations of our customers. As we continue to hire and develop the best chauffeurs in the industry, we want to maximise their time spent with passengers while keeping wait times low.
This is where you have a great opportunity to mix your strong engineering skills and your research passion to drive our efficiency to the next level.
Wheely is building the future of luxury personal services—starting with a product that combines highly trained chauffeurs, the finest in-car experiences, and instant availability via a well-designed app. We currently manage 3,000+ chauffeurs in London, Paris, Moscow, and Dubai, and have raised $28mn USD to date.
- Identify problems/insufficiencies of the current systems by yourself or in cooperation with our data scientists.
- Research, adopt/design and defend fault-tolerant solutions for our matching, pricing and gamification systems.
- Implement, deliver and maintain these solutions with the help of your fellow engineers.
- Good to Great algorithmic foundation: data structures, complexity analysis, mathematical (formal) proof methods.
- Good to Great understanding of the best code practices and software engineering fundamentals.
- Good to Great understanding of abstract distributed system design.
- Proficiency or ability to level-up to a proficient level of technical English.
- Expert level in one of the following languages: Go, C++, Python, Java.
Wheely expects the very best from our people, both on the road and in the office. In return, employees enjoy flexible working hours, stock options and an exceptional range of perks and benefits.
- Competitive salary
- Employee stock options plan
- Relocation allowance
- Lunch allowance
- Medical insurance, including dental
- Life and critical illness insurance
- Best-in-class equipment
- Professional development subsidies