Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance? If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including professionals in change management, strategic communications, and program/project management. Our clients include federal government agencies, associations and other non-profits, and for-profit organizations seeking guidance during organizational change. You will ensure that stakeholder groups across the organization are informed, supportive, and ready for future changes. Your work may include conducting cultural assessments, proposing changes to organizational design, and proposing and implementing improvements to processes, as well as meeting design and facilitation.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for an Organizational Development Consultant who will be responsible for the maintenance and revision of the Human Capital Program Architecture and Components for our federal client’s Cybersecurity Program. You will use your expertise to develop, facilitate, and deliver workshops, one-on-one sessions and/or virtual engagements, and trainings with stakeholders to drive alignment on the objectives and activities aligned to each program/ plan goal.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 6 years of experience in managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and designing, implementing, and evaluating programs that facilitate professional development and continuous learning
- Experience with Human Capital Planning initiatives including but not limited to:
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Succession Planning
- Workforce Development and Training
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
- ProSci Certification a plus
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in the DC Metro Area.
EOE, including disability/vets.