Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance? If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
As a Wheelhouse Group team member, you’ll work on multiple projects/clients which allows for exposure to different opportunities. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team including professionals in change management, strategic communications, and program/project management. Our clients include federal government agencies, associations and other non-profits, and for-profit organizations seeking guidance during organizational change. You will create targeted messaging for each audience that is credible, relevant, visionary, and instructive. You will help to design innovative communication activities that reach key stakeholders with the right message to achieve the desired behavioral change. You will translate business strategies into comprehensive integrated, and actionable communications plans.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for Communication Consultants to develop and execute effective and integrated communication plans, including strategies and tactics across all channels, and leveraging all communication opportunities. You will be supporting multiple concurrent projects, requiring outside resources, and crossing divisions to produce the most effective communications. You will provide a range of communication support from strategic communications planning to execution related to Performance Metrics and Continuous Process, Program and Improvement, Technical Workshops and Informational Materials, and Stakeholder Management / Integration Support, as well as lead other client communications initiatives.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant field
- At least 6 years of experience in writing, editing, researching, and creating strategic communication plans for a variety of mediums and customizing content to targeted audiences
- Experience with defining goals and strategies for improving the quality, consistency, and effectiveness of communications and outreach.
- Experience with consulting, including government consulting a plus
- Experience with running large-scale marketing or change communications
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in DC Metro Area.
EOE, including disability/vets.