Are you a senior program management professional with extensive experience and big ideas, who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and execute?
Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world? If so, then Wheelhouse Group has an opportunity for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for a Program Manager to support the Senior Program Manager in the planning, initiation, and management of projects/programs, as well as leading and guiding work of technical teams. Monitors progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. Primarily responsible for demonstrating strong organizational skills including planning, scheduling, documenting, and action item tracking; managing assigned program team personnel with minimal supervision; independently performing management responsibilities as needed; communicating stakeholders’ goals and representing the stakeholders’ interest to the team; customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on customer deliverables; providing project status reports, address issues and problems as appropriate.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 5-8 years of experience managing large scale programs/ projects, ideally supporting Cybersecurity and/or IT programs
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple areas to achieve common business objectives
- Expertise in at least one or more areas related to Cybersecurity/IT Programs:
- Develop and update Knowledge Management and Human Capital Plans
- Analyze Technology Requirements
- Strategy Leadership Coordination and Communications
- Establish effective Project Governance
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
- An active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in the DC Area.
EOE, including disability/vets.