Are you a senior program management professional with extensive experience and big ideas, who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and execute?
Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world? If so, then Wheelhouse Group has an opportunity for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for a Program Manager to support our federal client’s Cybersecurity Strategic Plan. As Program Manager you will provide large-scale program management and planning expertise to support the implementation and operationalization of Cybersecurity strategic plans and associated IT programs and projects. You will ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives; reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities; working creatively and analytically in a problem solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence; preparing estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project; recruiting adequate resources to achieve project objectives in established planned timeframes
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- At least 8-10 years of experience supporting large scale federal programs, ideally related to Cybersecurity and/or IT Programs
- Experienced with documenting in detail programs and plans progress and performance metrics against objectives and changes to milestones
- Supported and coordinated communication efforts between workstreams and to executive champions and management
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Comfortable with interacting with both business and technical stakeholders of clients to provide strategic solutions
- Maintained program budget and operating plan
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- An active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
EOE, including disability/vets.
Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in DC Metro Area.