Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance? If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for Engagement Lead to drive customer engagement for our federal government client by building relationship and ensuring project success. You will support the client by enhancing its Organization and Staffing Plan and fostering an environment focused on collaboration and shared success as well support the client’s critical human capital change management efforts.
This highly collaborative role will need to work closely with all departments, including Talent Management, Contracts, Financial Management, Business Development, Marketing, Executive Sponsors, and Engagement Lead Community.
You will provide excellent customer focus and possess the ability to assess customer needs, build relationships and manage customer expectations. You have a clear understanding of how to apply a change management process and tools to create employee/user adoption and engagement, experience with large-scale organizational change efforts desired. This opportunity requires a person who is a creative problem solver, brings a flexible approach and is passionate about helping clients succeed
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in relevant field
- At least 10 years of experience in areas related to the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures
- Experience coaching leaders and project teams to help them be effective change sponsors
- Ability to lead and facilitate others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Direct experience with the development of the new Strategic Roadmap, support executive reporting and work with the leadership team on continuously improving processes across the project
- Experience with utilizing information on customer business, needs, strategy, competition, and industry to support customer success
- Familiar with projecting and meeting project’s goals for costs, revenue and target profit
- Experience with Talent Management: Identifying skills and requirements for upcoming vacancies, conduct project onboarding (equipment, badging, etc.), led the teams performance management and development
- Proven ability to identifying and taking appropriate action on opportunities for additional business
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
- Change management, Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or facilitation certifications desired
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in Washington, D.C. Compensation dependent on experience.
EOE, including disability/vets.