Organizational Development/ Workforce Transformation Consultant
Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance? If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for an Organizational Development Consultant support the workforce transformation for our federal government client. Your responsibilities will include consulting with cross-functional program owners collaboratively to identify key business issues, trends, and appropriate opportunities from a multidisciplinary perspective. You will support for the development of the workforce strategy including, but not limited to, career tracks and associated skills and competencies, succession planning and individual career profiles. You will provide workforce strategy support to define employee roles, functions, and positions to support the programs strategy. This is a part time opportunity.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in relevant field
- At least 6 years of experience in organization development supporting talent management strategies and/or workforce transformation
- Knowledgeable in organizational structure, enterprise processes and workforce development
- Development of tools that aid in identifying roles across a program/ organization, self-assessing against recommended competencies and identifying recommend training to ensure employees are fully qualified
- Experience utilizing complex problem solving skills to translate business needs
- Familiar with Section 508 standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Experience with the design, planning and facilitation for meetings and the creation of meeting agendas and materials
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in DC Metro Area.
EOE, including disability/vets.