Wheelhouse Group is searching for a motivated, resourceful, and enthusiastic Accountant who can provide accurate financial data for our organization and maintain our accounting functions. If you are self-motivated and enjoy building processes and procedures, this is a great match.
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
As an accounting professional you will be applying your knowledge and experience to process improvements, financial accounting and reporting, budgeting, internal audit, and financial planning and analysis in the Federal contracting sector. You possess the ability to recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency related accounting and financial analyses.
You will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing income and expenditure accounts/profit-and-loss statements
- Conducting regular reconciliation of accounts
- Generating company financial reports
- Managing AP/AR functions (e.g., client invoicing)
- Preparing tax schedules, registrations in various states, and other forms for governmental agencies
- Providing insights on historic and the future financial performance
- Monitoring direct rates, indirect rates, and other cost factors for changes
- Participating in planning and forecasting processes, as well as coordinating the reporting of key metrics
This is a full-time, remote role.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant finance experience
- Proficient in relevant financial tools, such as QuickBooks, Excel, Bill.com, TSheets, Expensify, etc.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Knowledge of US government regulations, DCAA requirements and agency supplements, including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Knowledge and comfort working with a wide-range of contract types, including CPFF, CPIF, FFP, T&M, and IDIQ
- Relevant degree in a finance-related field, accounting-specific certifications are a plus
EOE, including disability/vets.
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in the DC Area. Compensation dependent on experience.