Managing Director of Team Member Experience
At Wheelhouse Group, our team is our greatest strength. Our reputation for exceptional talent is earned every day as our highly-skilled consultants help our clients solve complex challenges. But we also know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build culture and community and ensure that each of our team members have what they need to thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse is seeking an enthusiastic Managing Director of Team Member Experience to join the executive team of a fast growing, nimble, woman owned small business with almost 100 people. This is a great role for an experienced HR leader who thrives in a role where one can take initiative, be creative, and see your impact every day.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a member of our Executive Leadership Team, the Managing Director of Team Member Experience, will define and implement our people strategy. You will also lead a small, collaborative team in creating and implementing programs, policies, and procedures aimed at creating a rewarding and fulfilling team member experience through the full talent lifecycle. You will also contribute to setting company-wide strategy, goals, and objectives to ensure out future success.
- Work with the rest of the Executive Leadership Team to define and implement a talent acquisition strategy and goals.
- Manage the Talent Acquisition Lead, ensuring a consistent forecast of talent needs, developing creative strategies to attract and engage new and diverse talent, and ensuring that high-caliber candidates choose to join our growing team.
- Coordinate with the marketing team to ensure public-facing information supports our talent acquisition strategy.
- Develop, monitor and promote strategies that increase team member satisfaction and performance, including but not limited to diversity and inclusion and team member wellness programs.
- Determine how to maintain and evolve our high-engagement culture as the company grows.
- Support Wheelhouse’s cultural values and strategy and align them with HR activities.
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to define and implement talent development strategy and goals.
- Lead learning and development initiatives by implementing and evaluating programs, providing internal consultation, and utilizing data to demonstrate outcomes; ensure the programs meet the needs of both rising and senior talent.
Measurement and Rewards
- Implement, promote, and manage compensation and benefit programs in compliance with federal laws.
- Monitor the effectiveness of compensation and benefit strategies for attracting, rewarding, and retaining top-tier talent.
- Ensure equitable and competitive compensation program for team members, including analyzing external salary data and determining salary ranges for positions.
- Oversee employee benefits program, including open enrollment, and benchmark benefits program periodically and recommend improvements.
- Work with project leaders to coach and counsel team members effectively with regard to performance improvement; when appropriate, recommend and conduct terminations.
Human Resources Strategic Partner
- Develop and implement People Strategy.
- Serve as trusted advisor for leaders and team members on human resource matters; communicate regularly and effectively with employees regarding HR-related matters and establish credibility as an effective listener and problem solver.
- Identify and address strategies to mitigate potential HR risks.
- Ensure HR Systems (BambooHR and Greenhouse ATS) are meeting our needs, data is secure and accurate, and analyze system needs and benchmarks against other systems.
- Collect affirmative action data and provide to vendor to create and maintain Affirmative Action Plans. As Affirmative Action Officer, ensure implementation of the AAP.
- Develop, revise, and interpret HR policies and procedures. Prepare and update employee handbooks as needed.
- Research and advise on labor law for multiple states and at the federal level.
Requirements and Skills
- 10-15 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience; degree in related field of study a plus
- Professional in Human Resources/Senior Professional in Human Resources certification (PHR/SPHR) or SHRM-PC/SCP preferred
- Experience in a growing federal consulting firm and the ability to provide guidance and structure for an organization that is growing; experience in both small and large organizations a plus
- Knowledge of employment laws and human resource management concepts and practices
- Strong business acumen and consultative approach to solving problems
- Strategic thinker who can work tactically and dive in to create and execute plans
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Analytical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work strategically and tactically, adjust to shifting priorities, and turn around projects on short timelines
- Excellent organization, communication, and project planning skills, with a sharp attention to detail and accuracy, even on time sensitive projects
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Driven, enthusiastic team player confident in taking initiative and thinking creatively
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
We offer a virtual and shared work environment. Candidates must be based in the DC Metro area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
EOE, including disability/vets.