Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance?
If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for a consultant who brings strategic thinking and outstanding tactical execution skills. In this job, you will support the development and implementation of a strategic roadmap by tracking all assignments related to the effort, managing the logistics of relevant meetings, drafting documentation, providing relevant research, and developing relevant training and communication materials as defined below.
- Maintain, improve, facilitate, and track progress against the strategic roadmap with a focus on drafting and revising documentation related to TBM, Business Process Management, Organizational Change, Agile, and Lifecycle Management.
- Support the CIO and leadership in implementing the key strategic priorities. The primary strategic goal is to create a self-sustaining organization based on best management practices. Other strategic priorities include improving processes for change control, configuration management, performance measurement and reporting, and cyber security operations; planning processes leading to better resource management and project execution; and supporting partnering with the business and manufacturing operations to improve the products, sales, and profitability of the agency’s products.
- Develop draft deliverables, manage the logistics and facilitation of coordination meetings, track assignment, and develop relevant training as designated by the CIO and leadership in implementing the vision and operating principles of the CIO and ITIL to make the agency more strategic, customer-focused, and data-driven.
- Assess current Agile capabilities and create an organizational assessment, Agile adoption roadmap, and implementation plan. Provide Agile coaching to management. Track and analyze the agency’s Agile investment.
- Assess current TBM maturity, assist in the development of a TBM maturity roadmap, and work with the client to develop a TBM governance structure that allows for optimal effectiveness and collaboration among stakeholder groups.
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of eight to ten years’ experience, including three years’ experience using Agile and providing Agile coaching, or other equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current Agile certification required
- Current TBM certification is a plus
- Experience with Scrum methodology and serving as Chief Scrum Master
- Strong ability for identifying IT waste and helping teams to devise streamlined solutions
- Proficient with drawing storyboards, creating wireframes, creating/grooming product backlogs, writing user stories, and developing IT acceptance criteria
- Ability to effectively lead workstreams on your own and to engage client stakeholders
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in professional services firms and/or government or government contracting a plus
The opportunity exists in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, the position has historically required a combination of telework and work on client site two days a week in Washington, D.C. Compensation dependent on experience.
EOE, including disability/vets.