Role and Responsibilities
Wheelhouse Group is searching for a motivated and enthusiastic full-time (40 hours per week) team member to lead our recruiting and resource management function. The Talent Acquisition Lead will manage staffing demand and coordinate the staffing of open positions with current team members and candidates. The Talent Acquisition Lead must have recruiting experience in a management consulting firm(s) serving the Federal government, and the ability to work both strategically and tactically.
The job responsibilities are:
- Design and deliver relevant and appropriate talent strategies to attract and hire highly skilled and diverse talent
- Implement sourcing tools, techniques, and technologies to build diverse talent communities and source experienced hires, including active and passive candidates
- Collaborate with Wheelhouse hiring managers and our business development team to understand talent requirements for upcoming vacancies and proposals
- Determine and apply criteria for posting positions internally and externally
- Conduct initial candidate interviews and recommend next steps
- Conduct reference checks on candidates; review references, assignment, work samples, and scorecards and make decision on acceptance to Wheelhouse Talent Community
- Maintain and apply information about current team members’ capabilities, interests, and project end dates
- Understand talent community’s skills and experience
- Provide proposal support for staffing
- Understand project profitability and thresholds for compensation for vacancies
- Apply information about contractual clearance obligations and lag times
- Oversee updates of team member resumes for proposals
- Develop reports and metrics
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker who can work tactically and hands-on
- Analytical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently, adjust to shifting priorities, and turn around projects on short timelines
- Excellent organization, communication, and project planning skills, with a sharp attention to detail and accuracy, even on time sensitive projects
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Driven, enthusiastic team player confident in taking initiative and thinking creatively
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or other related field
- Ten years of experience with talent acquisition
- Recruiting experience in management consulting firm serving Federal clients
We offer a virtual and shared work environment. Candidates must be based in the DC Metro area.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please your resume and a cover letter with salary requirements.