Are you looking to build a career, while making an impact in the world?
Do you like rolling up your sleeves to solve complex problems AND value work-life balance?
If so, Wheelhouse may be just the place for you!
At Wheelhouse Group, we guide organizations through transformational changes in direction, culture, technology and process improvement. To do this, we build multi-disciplinary teams with diverse perspectives and experience in organizational change management, stakeholder engagement & communications, workforce transformation and business optimization.
We know that work is about more than what we do for our clients. It is about working together to build community and culture. It is about supporting and trusting each other to deliver on our commitments. At Wheelhouse, we ensure each of our team members have what they need thrive and to be successful.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for change management professionals who bring strategic thinking and outstanding tactical execution skills. In this job you will partner with your team to make our clients “better at change.” This includes developing comprehensive change plans, identifying key stakeholders, implementing change programs and crafting communications that achieve behavioral changes. You will also help identify potential people-related risks, anticipate points of resistance and develop specific plans to address any concerns.
Each engagement is a bit different but almost every opportunity requires a person who is a creative problem solver, brings a flexible approach and is passionate about helping clients succeed.
Wheelhouse Group is looking for top performers with 8-15 years of experience with the following mix of qualifications:
Interest & Attitude
- A self-starter with an exceptionally strong work ethic, curiosity and drive
- A growth mindset with a willingness to build subject matter expertise in key focus areas and a desire to share what you know
- An eagerness to engage our communities with writing, speaking and engagement on topics of strategic importance
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent active listening skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Desire to work primarily with federal government clients
Skills & Experience
- Experience with the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures
- A clear understanding of how to apply a change management process and tools to create employee/user adoption and engagement; experience with large-scale organizational change efforts desired
- Experience coaching leaders and project teams to help them be effective change sponsors
- Ability to lead and facilitate others to move toward a common vision or goal
- Proven experience supporting the design, development, delivery and management of strategic communications
- Consistent track record developing, measuring and demonstrating adoption of data-centric change metrics
- Organized with natural agility to move seamlessly from strategic tasks (developing strategic plans, briefing client executives on recommendations) to tactical tasks (preparing PowerPoint briefings, recording meeting outcomes) as needed
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle; proven experience managing multiple projects
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and a gift for creating briefings and documents that tell a compelling, relevant and data-driven story
- Experience in IT and technology deployment, HR programs, professional services firms and/or government a plus
- Change management, Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or facilitation certifications desired
Most opportunities exist in the Washington, D.C. Metro area. Given the current restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, this position will likely work remotely for an extended period; however, some positions have historically required a combination of telework and work on client site in Washington, D.C. Compensation will be in the range of $95,000 to $122,000 annually.
If interested, please submit an application for “Change Management Consultant” on the Wheelhouse Group website: http://wheelhousegroup.com/join-our-team/. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.