Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
The marketing and comms teams at Whatnot are responsible for telling stories, creating experiences, and bringing buyers and sellers closer to the products and people they love. We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Manager, Social Media to proactively build and execute our social media strategy and plan for Whatnot.
As the Senior Manager, Social Media, you will help craft the vision, create the strategy, and support the execution of Whatnot’s existing and future social media channels. Working closely with multiple internal teams, you’ll help create engaging content, establish processes, and set goals to ensure our channels are a positive reflection of our brand and help to celebrate, engage with, and support our community.
- Social Media Strategy: Develop and execute a social media strategy that aligns with Whatnot's overall objectives and brand.
- Campaigns and Content Creation: Create engaging content and programs that celebrate our community, bring awareness to new buyers, and elevate the Whatnot brand.
- Develop the Social Infrastructure: Set processes and choose the technology that supports the daily social activities and sets us up for success as we grow
- Community Engagement: Work in partnership with multiple internal teams to ensure we are showing up for and highlighting our community across on-platform categories and at industry events; actively and intentionally engage with our community by responding to comments and messages across multiple platforms
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our Senior Manager, Social Media you should have 7+ years of social media experience, preferably with brands that are in the entertainment, community, and social space, plus:
- Experience developing social media strategy and creating engaging content across various social channels at a digital consumer brand
- Strong understanding of various online communities, such as around sports cards, comics, and/or fashion (sneakers)
- In-depth knowledge of current trends, pop culture, and social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with key opinion leaders
- Proficiency in social media platforms, community management tools, and data analytics tools
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- You’re immersed in internet culture and can use that knowledge to identify trends, creators and opportunities for the Whatnot brand to build and grow.
- You are deeply analytical and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights.
- You are comfortable operating on a small team and will get in the weeds to produce results in a highly ambiguous environment. You are scrappy and no job is too small.
For US-based applicants: $170,000/year-$230,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.