Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
- Partner closely across the business to find improvements/opportunities and influence decisions using data science methodologies and tools
- Build actionable KPIs, create production-quality dashboards and notebooks to convey insights
- Define and advance best practices within an experiment-driven culture
- Inform product engineering roadmap through analysis of marketplace, user behavior, and product trends
👋 About You
We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated individuals to be foundational members of our Data team! You will partner with our Engineering, Product, Finance and Operations teams to identify critical goals for the business, develop a deep understanding of them, and design scalable solutions.
You should have strong critical thinking and analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be adept in navigating the data stack and able to support initiatives in all facets from analytics/data engineering and product analytics to machine learning.
In addition to 6+ years of experience in the Data Analytics field, you should have:
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated history of knowledge in Business Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related technical fields
- Industry experience with proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on large scale data
- Ability to lead initiatives across multiple product areas and communicate findings with leadership and product teams
- Comfortability with data warehouses and big data technologies such as Redshift, Snowflake, Big Query, Presto, Athena, Spark, DBT
- Expert in using SQL for data analysis, reporting, and dashboarding
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python or R
- Aptitude and experience in applied statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Firm grasp of visualization tools, interactive and self-serving, such as business intelligence and notebooks
For US-based applicants: $153,000 - $225,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.