Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As our Influencer Marketing Leader, you’ll oversee and lead influencer marketing at Whatnot.
- Create the strategy and work through category marketers to drive execution and results
- Build KPIs and manage yourself and the category marketers towards those metrics
- Build the playbook, create running lanes and centers of excellence for category marketers to access for influencers
- Work on other strategic projects and marketing areas as the team ramps up
- You will initially work across category marketers that report into GMs but as the success of the program grows, you will build out direct reports as needed
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our Influencer Marketing Leader you should have 8+ years of marketing experience in a fast paced environment, plus:
- High-growth startup, marketplace or creator-focused platform experience
- Experience launching and managing a world class influencer program
- You have managed a marketing team and/or lead through heavy cross collaborative indirect influence
- You can speak to the tangible impact your work in building an influencer program has had on both a brand and business
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and content across your category
- You’re a creative content creator and copywriter
- You’re immersed in internet culture and can use that knowledge to identify trends, creators and opportunities for the Whatnot brand to build and grow.
- You have experience tracking KPIs and monitoring success for marketing programs.
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.