💻 The role
Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Y Combinator. We’re one of YC’s top companies and the fastest growing consumer marketplace for the past 2 years (2020 and 2021). We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 150+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
📈 Opportunity Size
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is perhaps the largest opportunity in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
👋 About You
- 6 years of software engineering experience.
- Excellent product instincts. You first think about users rather than the best technical solution.
- You are known for shipping products and features lightning-fast.
- You’re an excellent problem solver and don’t need to be told exactly what to do.
- Comfortable working across the stack (backend and frontend).
- Ability to pick up on new technologies very quickly.
- Proven track record of delivering features.
- Startup experience at a high-growth company is a plus.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Up to $500 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $1,500 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.