WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
You will work closely with Product, Marketing, and Strategy teams to support strategic initiatives, planning, and rollout of our technology products, within a fast-moving, rapidly growing technology organization within the We Company. You will help shape strategy and execute the vision for key initiatives.
You are a natural leader and facilitator; driven, organized and detail oriented; adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; communicating with ease at all levels; working across functions as a great influencer, collaborator and teammate. You are highly resourceful, customer-focused and have an ability to work independently under time constraints. You tackle end-to-end ownership and successfully deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
- Initiate strategic initiatives by leading alignment on program scope, aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, creating program structure, and securing cross-functional support.
- Lead workgroup alignment meetings to make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and support the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with functional leaders to drive focus on business objectives. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Provide visibility to program status (key decisions, release/production issues, dependencies, risks, metrics, milestones, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties).
- Manage "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a thought leader within the organization, someone who can help advance our technology strategy globally and challenge others in the organization to change.
- 5-10 years of experience in leading strategic product & business initiatives in a dynamic tech organization with a fast-moving startup culture
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical and non-technical members.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.