About This Role
We are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem-solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. Our technology stack is primarily Java/Spring, Ruby/Rails, Node.js, Angular, React, Vue, iOS, Android but we are not dogmatic about it.
You will be working with a team of passionate and motivated engineers in solving some of the most interesting and challenging problems. In our Shanghai office, there are many cross-functional teams that are mission based and driven by well defined success metrics. You could help build solutions that connect our members to other members socially & professionally and help build their network. You could be working on an application that uses internet of things (IOT), facial recognition & hardware integrations to connect our members with our beautifully designed spaces in a way that makes them the most productive. There are teams that work on our sales pipeline and billing platforms - you could help improve our lead generation/ conversion by building smart systems & interfaces that recommend the right building to a potential member; you could work on integrating the billing platform with Alipay, wechat pay etc.
- You are fluent in one or more backend languages (Java, Ruby, Node, etc), with experience in Node a plus, and stay up-to-date on best practices.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- You write DRY code, build a new API or micro-service or iterate, expand and refactor existing API based on requirements
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- 5+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional experience with three or more from the following: consumer APIs, distributed and parallel systems, networking, aggregation services, message queues, performance tuning, database optimization, DevOps, infrastructure, automated testing.