About the Role
On the Developer Agility team, we build tools and services that help Growth Technology engineers build better software more efficiently. Over the past year, we’ve shaved hours off of release lead time per engineer per week, and worked on improving application security, stability, and performance.
You’ll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving challenging technical problems, and working together with other engineer teams to brainstorm ways to help improve how they build, deploy and monitor their applications.
About the Mission
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we build product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Technology covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
- Deliver high quality code
- Have a deep understanding of our current infrastructure and identify areas for improvements
- Partner with other engineers to help find solutions for technical problems they are facing
- Advocate for engineering practices that will help raise the bar for our software
- 4+ years of professional experience in infrastructure or backend engineering
- Comprehensive knowledge with Ruby, Python, Java or other similar OOO languages
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, cloud-native infrastructure and distributed systems
- Passion for developer tooling and improving developer experience
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and work cross functionally (alongside product, design and QA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to Have:
- Experience with monitoring and observability for distributed systems
- Experience in scalable, future-proof architecture
- Experience with Go and related ecosystem
- Experience in contributing to opensource projects
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is building a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status