WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
About the team
The Building Technology team’s mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life’s work.
About the Role
In this role, you will define and drive the mission of delivering IT-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service products at scale. You'll drive product strategy and partner closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the next phase of dynamic infrastructure and cloud services. You will develop product solutions, M&A, Go-to-Market, and significant business relationships to execute on the huge market potential and benefits possible from applying WeWork’s technologies in the enterprise market.
What you will be doing
- Build partnerships across organizations to create truly innovative products that cross boundaries and deliver stellar member experiences.
- Define products together with these partners within and outside our team.
- Communicate about the program’s vision, plans, strategy and execution status across the company and to our members.
- Work closely with technical program managers, network/systems/software engineers, and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features developed and deployed
- Manage a highly complex portfolio of infrastructure and Member facing projects with matrixed stakeholders across a global organization.
- Own your team's execution of the product roadmap, including business cases, user stories, experience design and rapid delivery in an Agile environment
You need to have
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Product Manager with a technical background, and experience with IT or technology products
- Experience working in agile enabled teams
- Proven ability to define new products including; excellent analytical and quantitative skills to identify unmet needs, defining a lovable product, product pricing and go-to market strategies, identifying and mitigating product risk, experimentation planning.
- Proven ability to understand complex business problems, apply strong analytical skill and create an effective strategy
- Technical fluency; ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across functions and influence senior leaders
- MBA or master’s degree
- Demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; ability to respond rapidly to evolving threats and opportunities in the marketplace
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Proven ability to make smart features (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.