WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 485+ location in 105+ cities and 465,000+ members and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
About the Role:
We are looking for experienced and passionate engineering leaders that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will work in a dynamic environment, having the chance to impact the architecture and product aspects using multiple scalable, reliable platforms with several products. We are looking for someone experienced in leading technical teams, has hands-on development experience , experienced on agile methodologies implementation and adheres self learning.
We are using the latest technologies and frameworks, primarily Ruby/Rails, React, iOS, and Android, but we are not dogmatic about it. We promote continuous learning and are open to learning and implementing new things all the time.
- 8+ years of experience in the Engineering role.
- Minimum 2-3 yrs of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- Proven experience on leading the fundamental of a feature design principles behind a scalable application (functional & technical) using agile methodology
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- You write DRY code
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- Proven ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment
- B.Tech/BE in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Development or management experience on distributed / microservices architecture design and implementation.
- Experience in a fast-growing startups or companies is a big advantage