WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
About the team
The Building Automation team sits within the Building Technology mission in the Technology group. Our mission is to make every building system work in harmony with our community. We achieve this by working with other Technology teams to integrate all BMS and control systems into a common data engine, deploying connected sensors and devices to monitor space conditions, displaying the right information and control points in the right applications for our members, community and facilities teams, and developing rules engines and machine learning applications to remove the need for manual decisions and actions.
About the role
The key focus of this role will be working with our Core Platform team to integrate building systems (BMS, Lighting, IoT) into our Building Kit data engine. The Program Manager will be the subject matter expert on these systems to support our software engineering teams. You will pilot these projects in one building, and then develop and oversee plans for a rollout across our fleet. The Program Manager will need to think at a global scale across multitudes of different systems and protocols.
The ideal candidate will have been in the weeds as a controls integrator before moving on to help push forward the open-source IoT controls philosophy.
What you will be doing
- Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale Building Technology initiatives, with a focus on HVAC & Lighting controls, and IoT devices
- Provide transparency to program status (decisions, release/production issues, dependencies, risks, metrics, milestones, etc.) on an ongoing basis through status reporting to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties
- Critically evaluate new Smart Buildings technology and vendors for implementation into multi-functional WeCo initiatives
- Lead multi-functional development on new technology from design through pilot and full scale rollout
- Build and lead complex plans that include detailed project schedules, resource constraints/requirements, critical path analysis, and other key performance metrics
- Initiate technical programs by leading alignment on program scope, release planning, aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, creating program structure, and securing cross-functional support
- Lead workgroup alignment meetings to make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and support the strategic vision of each program.
- Understand mission dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for Building Automation systems
- Anticipate and purposefully remove obstacles that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals
- Be a thought leader who can help advance our Smart Building Technology and Automation strategy globally both internally and externally
You need to have
- Depth of experience in BACnet and Niagra protocols
- 5+ years of expertise in either HVAC or Lighting control systems, with breath of experience covering the other
- Significant experience working on commercial properties preferred
- Familiarity with API protocols (experience at authoring or evaluating a benefit)
- Robust understanding of IoT networks including but not limited to BLE, Zigbee, LoRaWAN, WiFi, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.