New York, San Francisco
About the Role
The role of the program manager on Central Data & Analytics acts as co-pilot to the Product & Engineering Directors in driving cross-functional initiatives to success, and will have an unparalleled opportunity to influence the trajectory of data engineering development within WeWork
- Embedded in Central Data Engineering, you will drive adoption of the custom data engineering stack to align, unblock and enable all data teams to deliver their initiatives at WeWork.
- Create frameworks to identify and drive technical and process improvement opportunities
- Work with engineering partners to continuously improve tooling and drive process to develop predictability for Data Warehouse and partner engineering groups
- Measure, monitor, and communicate metrics internally
- Communicate status and schedules, manage risks, help reports evaluate trade-offs, and call out impediments
- You have a strong knowledge of data infrastructure and warehouse storage methodologies and have worked with data engineering teams in the past
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers, scope technical projects, and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience leading activities across large organizations
- Understanding of data persistence, back end data services, and experience working with data technologies that power analytics
- Proficient in SQL, data analytics, Snowflake, Looker, Tableau, Git, Github, and real time monitoring software
- Experience in a technology product environment with a detailed understanding of the software development process
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment and communicate across multiple time zones
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing workstreams and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changes in priority and quickly figure out necessary adjustments in process and plans
- 5+ years of experience as a Program Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or two years of equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Agency or consulting experience as a Project Manager in a matrixed environment a plus
- Experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- Experience using tools to capture user stories, test cases, sign-offs, etc. JIRA is helpful.
- Experience with Scaled Agile methodologies
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.