About the Mission
The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Lead and review technical design and systems architecture across product area’s services and applications.
- Drive complex cross-team initiatives, bringing in resources from other squads, product areas, and departments as required.
- Ensure that engineering, product, design, etc are consistently aligned when executing.
- Take active role in defining and executing against a technical strategy.
- Partner with senior leadership to improve process and culture across engineering.
- Partner with product management to lead technical requirements gathering discussions with customers.
- Partner and interface with peer engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Contribute to engineering process improvements, technical standards, hiring practices, and other efforts to raise the quality bar for WeWork Technology.
- Model and insist on empathy, collaboration, and positive relationships within and between multiple teams.
- Effectively empower team members through delegation of technical responsibilities.
- Advocate for WeWork's Technology practices and brand.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Minimum 10+ years of experience building highly available critical systems.
- Proven experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Proven experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
- Experience driving technical excellence and engineering practices across teams.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.