WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork manages hundreds of buildings and serves hundreds of thousands of members around the world. Workspace intelligence is critical for building a community that enhances productivity, encourages innovation, and strengthens collaboration.
Workspace Intelligence relies on data — how to gather it, how to analyze it, and what to do with the knowledge derived from it. We invest in areas such as pervasive computing, data management, machine learning, and computational social science to understand the environment, the people, as well as how they interact with others. Furthermore, we also analyze data in the digital world: We uncover social dynamics from digital communication including emails, messages and social networks.
Spatial & People Analytics Engineering Team is looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to drive adoption of modern data processing framework, and lead efforts for the framework going live for our enterprise technology products. The engineer will help build core functionality to enable data modeling, machine learning model training, sharing of features and dimension data, as well as running ELT and build out business logics for OLAP functionalities.
- 4+ years Hands on with one of Java, Python, Scala or C++, willing to learn one other language for practical usage in the system.
- Production experience using Apache Spark, Flink on Beam or similar processing frameworks, and able to write production scale scala or Java code for running data pipeline for aggregating data for analytical purposes.
- Experience working with end customers on both ad-hoc and formalized application usage.
- Experience using Apache Airflow, as a scheduling service, or similar tools like Luigi, or Apache Ooze.
- Experience using one or more of Cassandra, HBase, or Druid as part for online analytical processing purpose.
- Experience of working with cross functional teams including Product Management, Engineering Infrastructure, Security and Privacy, Compliance etc.
- Interested in contributing to open source initiatives within WeWork engineering community.