Manager, Applied Machine Learning (Member Experience), WeWork
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of our work - https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/12/wework-adds-features-to-professionalize-its-member-profiles
We're looking for a leader in our Applied Machine Learning team to build intelligent systems to enable our member experiences further. You will lead a team whose final output will be working software components and your “audience” for this output will often consist of other software components that run autonomously with minimal human supervision. In this role, you will drive development of ML products that impact key business metrics. The perfect candidate will have strong machine learning background, a proven track record of leading and scaling teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Drive the vision for Machine Learning to enable member experiences.
- Build a high quality team and design the team to scale.
- Partner with Product, Design, Engineering and Data teams to drive feature development end-to-end.
- Identify business and technical opportunities and lead further development of ML products and platforms to fulfill those.
- Influence the planning and prioritization for ML products.
- Define and manage SLAs for all ML models and services running in production.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience building ML systems and platforms, such as Recommender Systems, Personalization, Search, NLP, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition and Conversational Systems.
- 3+ years experience leading and growing teams.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving, growing and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables.
- Ability to explore new ideas and have a passion to make them happen.
- Ph.D. in computer science, mathematics, statistics, operations research or other quantitative disciplines.
- Active participant in academic/industry research for state of the art, scalable machine learning.
- Experience working with the AWS stack.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.