WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
Within WeWork, the mission of Real Estate & Development Technologies is to enable and empower WeWork teams across Real Estate, Architecture, Design, Construction, and Project Management with world-class technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end-to-end.
As the Senior Test Manager of the organization, you will lead the quality initiative across the organization. Managing a team of Software Test Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers spanning across the five product areas of the Real Estate and Development team, you will build a multi-year strategy to achieve our quality goals of 100% automation, performance, scalability, and continuous integration and delivery.
- Build a test engineering team that lays out a multi-year test strategy, implements tools and frameworks to enable our quality processes, and partner closely with development teams to implement that strategy.
- Work with a team of test engineers to ensure the highest quality, and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
- Set and drive expectations around quality for major releases grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding
- Understand how all elements of the software ecosystem work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
- Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
- Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution
- Work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery
- Be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs
- Work closely with the Product, Design and your engineering team to help define and execute on the quality strategy
- 8+ years of experience leading test teams
- Hands-on experience working with different test tools and test methodologies
- Experience testing back-end systems built using technologies like Java, Kotlin or Go.
- A degree in Computer Science or a closely related field is highly desired.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence teams, peers and leadership alike on the need for strategic initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.