Senior Data Scientist, Experimentation Platform, WeWork
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of our work - https://techcrunch.com/2019/02/12/wework-adds-features-to-professionalize-its-member-profiles
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help drive trustworthy experimentation that enables continuous exploration and testing of hypotheses across all aspects of the product including UI experience, recommendation algorithms, and machine learning. In this role, you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, technical leaders and other data scientists to drive product development with scientific rigor. You will collaborate with Experimentation Platform engineers to enhance platform capability.
- Drive the technical roadmap for experimentation at WeWork.
- Apply statistical techniques to increase the efficiency and rigor of experimental analysis at scale.
- Work with teams to build processes and culture around continuous and trustworthy experimentation.
- Identify new methods to test product changes where traditional A/B testing is not possible.
- Mentor other data scientists in experimental design and causal inference techniques.
- 5+ years as a practicing data scientist.
- 3+ years designing and analyzing online experiments at a tech company.
- Statistical intuition and knowledge of approaches for A/B testing, multivariate testing, multi-arm bandits.
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting language.
- Advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- Active participant in academic/industry research for state of the art, scalable and trustworthy experimentation.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there is a macro shift toward a new way of working, one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.