The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 500 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
The Core Platform mission is to stimulate, accelerate, and scale creative capabilities in connecting communities with space. We do this by providing We developers with programmatic tools based on single sources of truth about Identity, Space, Time, and Utilization. Within Core Platform, the Space Kit team has created the world’s largest digital repository of interior space and are looking for an experienced, hands-on, and technically-oriented product manager to own a critical set of services that enable WeWork to classify, group, and allocate these interior spaces.
The first product you’ll own is called The Resource Group Service. Imagine a digitized version of a floorplan that describes interior space with its complex geometric attributes and relationships. The Resource Group Service consumes this digital floorplan and defines the business meaning of these physical boundaries, which are then consumed across the business. For example, several rooms may be grouped together into a single “large office” inventory item or one “conference room” entity may be reclassified to a private office to meet demand.
The second product is called The Resource Calendar Service. It consumes the business entities defined in the Resource Group Service and allocates them to people over time. For a rapidly-growing business serving hundreds of thousands of Members daily, allocation of resources to the right people at the right time for the right usage is critical. And as such, Resource Calendar is the linchpin between our digitized spaces and the people who need them for work, meetings, meditation, events, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Lead strategy and execution for the Resource Group and Resource Calendar services.
- Develop relationships with our internal customers to deeply understand the end-to-end member experiences that these services support. Clearly communicate the connection between member experience and their features.
- Lead cross-functional groups from engineering, design, and other disciplines in an Agile methodology with well-defined sprints, incremental delivery, and forward-looking roadmaps.
- Get in the weeds: write PRDs, user stories, acceptance criteria, and test the services yourself as they are being built.
- Evangelize the services within We to promote adoption, and stay close to our customers to learn from real-world usage.
What we’re looking for in you
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you have at least 4 years of product management experience in dynamic companies focused on delivering software
- You’ve shipped at least a couple API-based products
- You have strong technical acumen and can communicate effectively with developers - both those building your products as well as those consuming them
- You never lose sight of the ultimate end user experiences that your products support and can articulate technical requirements in those terms
- You are compassionate, humble, and collaborative
- Your communication skills are outstanding, if you do say so yourself
- It would be very nice, though not strictly necessary, if you had experience with:
- Calendaring applications
- Spatial data applications
The We Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.