WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 250 in just over eight years.
The mission of Core Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all member products and services will run. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork.
WeWork is designing and building hardware systems and devices to instrument and control our spaces and those of our partners, this is an essential part of our future company plan. The Hardware Engineering Program Manager (EPM) will play an integral role in the delivery of these hardware systems and devices in a timely manner.
- Will be responsible for the technical management, execution, and support for specialized hardware projects within WeWork
- Work with SW and HW Engineering, Senior Leadership, and other stakeholders to help define and develop the roadmap for hardware products by gathering requirements for devices, working with cross-functional teams on features, etc.
- Work to lead a multi-functional team of skilled Hardware, Mechanical Engineers and external resources through the development life-cycle of the hardware products from definition, development and implementation
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently working in conjunction with a rapidly growing hardware team and external suppliers
- Play a pivotal role in how WeWork builds and scales its hardware organization to help develop, test and deploy future deliverables
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience with hardware development in similar roles in consumer electronics or other industries
- Strong technical background in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience with building control and mission critical control systems
- Understanding of Linux based control systems and networked systems
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and consulting firms
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.