Mission Control Engineer
WeWork Cloud is looking for a Mission Control Technician to join our team to support and monitor our ever expanding member sites. We will be taking the follow-the-sun model and have teams in AMER, APAC, and EMEA to help support the ever growing number of sites across the globe.
It is the responsibility of the Mission Control to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and performance of the WeWork sites. The Mission Control is the first line of defense in making sure our members have an unrivaled experience.
The Mission Control Team is responsible for reporting on issues and performance, performing required maintenance, and working closely with the Network Services, Tech Services, and the Building Services teams to improve monitoring, troubleshooting, and response times.
As a Mission Control Technician we expect you to
- Monitor all production networks, servers, applications and services and respond to alerts according to standard processes
- Track and manage incident tickets fully to ensure proper operational metrics are captured and maintained
- Own the tickets that come in from both internal and external requests
- Ensure that there is always eyes on the ticket and making sure that the customer is not left hanging on a problem
- Either resolve the ticket within Mission Control or escalate the ticket to the appropriate team
- Represent the Mission Control in meetings/process changes and make recommendations on new procedures/ processes
- Collaborate with various technology teams for issues resolution
- Communicate with IT stakeholders on the statuses of issues
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles, policies and procedures
- Perform audits and document existing WeWork sites
- Network Diagram
- Rack Elevations
- Create site documentation
- Take notes of any anomalies
- Fix any anomalies that are fixable
- Convert as-builts into configuration for network devices
- Perform firmware and code upgrades
- Fully document and communicate shift-turnover reports
- Execute documented run books as documented for diagnosis and remediation of issues
Who You Are
- You know what a cli is, and the difference between a Windows cmd window versus a Mac OS terminal window and the cli of a network device.
- You know what to do on a technical level when a member asks for a private vlan
- Pinging network services on slack does not count
- You know the difference between 802.11a and 802.11n
- You know how to get a member device to print to the WeWork printers
- You are team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- You are calm and collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You enjoy and excel at learning new skills and technologies
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a highly technical team
- Ability to thrive within an environment that relies heavily on the principles of teamwork
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays
Here's the fine print
Position operates in a shift model, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day and is subject to change.
Schedule is not necessarily a 9am to 6pm model, it will change dependent on the time of year (daylight savings) as the follow-the-sun model has locations which are not affected by DST.